Our Purpose is to Reduce Greenhouse Gases Through Materials Management
Materials Management strategies reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with waste, materials, and products through a lifecycle and systems approach. These emissions contributed 42% to the U.S. greenhouse gas inventory in 2006.
In 2023, EPA developed a searchable list of Example Local Government Climate Action Plans that Address Materials Management and Waste. The site also provides an email to suggest additional examples.
This resource is a materials management toolkit of:
- Climate Protection Actions
- Example Climate Action Plans
- New Approaches to GHG Inventories
- Measurement Tools
- Links to resources
- And more...see links at left!
Who should use this toolkit:
- State and Local Government Climate Change Staff
- Recycling, Composting, and Solid Waste Professionals
- Sustainability and Pollution Prevention Coordinators
- Climate Action Plan Coordinators
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory Staff
- Public Outreach Staff